SFS Constitutional Revisions (2013)
Proposed Revision to By-Laws
Changing the Name of the Society for Freshwater Science’s Graduate Resources Committee (GRC) to the Student Resources Committee (SRC), and establishing a SRC subcommittee for Undergraduate Student Awards.
Undergraduate students are becoming increasingly involved in the Society. This name change makes the Society’s student committee more inclusive of undergraduate students. The establishment of the Undergraduate Student Awards subcommittee as one of the six subcommittees of the Student Resources Committee formalizes currently-existing pilot projects in which graduate students select undergraduate travel award recipients and coordinate judging of undergraduate posters/presentations.
The ExCom and Board have expressed their approval for this change.
SFS Constitutional Revision Committee
Steve Francoeur, co-Chair
Fred Benfield, co-Chair
Please see the following document regarding the proposed constitutional revision:
- Changing the Name of the Society for Freshwater Science’s Graduate Resources Committee (GRC) to the Student Resources Committee (SRC), and establishing a SRC subcommittee for Undergraduate Student Awards (PDF) April 10th, 2013
- Making Waves Ep. 24: Quantitative and Computational Approaches to Explain Biodiversity, Dr. Jonathan Tonkin more
- Emily Bernhardt's President's Environment: Freshwater Science Family Reunion more
- June 2017 issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- What's happenin'? Find out the news In The Drift... more
- Read the Spring 2016 issue of in the drift! more
- Proposed Constitutional Revisions 2016 more
- Newsletter! Newsletter! in the drift more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule
SFS announces logo redesign competition. Submissions due 21 Aug. 2017.more
Please take a short survey on the SFS logo redesignmore
The SFS ad hoc committee on inclusivity is producing a short video to highlight why freshwater scientists value having a diverse and inclusive societymore
Upcoming deadlines for the Fourth Symposium on Urbanization and Stream Ecologymore