Links to Selected Web Sites with Teaching Resources
- Teaching Issues and Experiments in Ecology (TIEE) - Ecological Society of America site with lesson plans, articles for class activities, experiments, and other teaching resources.
- Ecology course syllabus exchange - Ecological Society of America education service containing an array of ecology-based course syllabi under 3 categories: physiological ecology, general ecology, and research methods.
- Multimedia Education Resource for Learning and Online Teaching (MERLOT) - free and open resources with links to online learning materials including annotations such as peer-reviews and assignments.
- Water on the Web - contains basic and advanced curricula for undergraduate and high school, data from many lakes and rivers, data interpretation and GIS tools, and supporting materials.
- Action Bioscience - multitude of information for biology teachers.
- EcoBeaker - software for ecology classes from Simbiotic Software, requires purchase.
- American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS) Education Office, Resources for Teaching Biology
- Ecological Society of America (ESA) Education Office
- American Society of Limnology and Oceanography (ASLO) Education and Outreach
Links to education programs in other societies
Other linksOther education-related links (SFSLinks)
- Making Waves Ep. 24: Quantitative and Computational Approaches to Explain Biodiversity, Dr. Jonathan Tonkin more
- Emily Bernhardt's President's Environment: Freshwater Science Family Reunion more
- June 2017 issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- What's happenin'? Find out the news In The Drift... more
- Read the Spring 2016 issue of in the drift! more
- Proposed Constitutional Revisions 2016 more
- Newsletter! Newsletter! in the drift more
SFS announces logo redesign competition. Submissions due 21 Aug. 2017.more
Please take a short survey on the SFS logo redesignmore
The SFS ad hoc committee on inclusivity is producing a short video to highlight why freshwater scientists value having a diverse and inclusive societymore
Upcoming deadlines for the Fourth Symposium on Urbanization and Stream Ecologymore
New BRIDGES cluster highlights rapid evidence synthesis in environmental causal assessmentsmore