Links to Selected Web Sites with Teaching Resources
- Teaching Issues and Experiments in Ecology (TIEE) - Ecological Society of America site with lesson plans, articles for class activities, experiments, and other teaching resources.
- Ecology course syllabus exchange - Ecological Society of America education service containing an array of ecology-based course syllabi under 3 categories: physiological ecology, general ecology, and research methods.
- Multimedia Education Resource for Learning and Online Teaching (MERLOT) - free and open resources with links to online learning materials including annotations such as peer-reviews and assignments.
- Water on the Web - contains basic and advanced curricula for undergraduate and high school, data from many lakes and rivers, data interpretation and GIS tools, and supporting materials.
- Action Bioscience - multitude of information for biology teachers.
- EcoBeaker - software for ecology classes from Simbiotic Software, requires purchase.
- American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS) Education Office, Resources for Teaching Biology
- Ecological Society of America (ESA) Education Office
- American Society of Limnology and Oceanography (ASLO) Education and Outreach
Links to education programs in other societies
Other linksOther education-related links (SFSLinks)
- Making Waves Ep. 23: Freshwater Salinization, Dr. Miguel Cañedo-Argüelles more
- Announcement of SFS Endorsement of the March for Science more
- March 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- 2017 Instars Fellowship applications now available more
- What's happenin'? Find out the news In The Drift... more
- Emily Bernhardt's President's Environment: Be Kind more
- Read the Spring 2016 issue of in the drift! more
Upcoming deadlines for the Fourth Symposium on Urbanization and Stream Ecologymore
New BRIDGES cluster highlights rapid evidence synthesis in environmental causal assessmentsmore
New publication describes the fate and ecological effects of amphetamine on biofilm, seston, and aquatic insect communitiesmore
SFS Bibliography Update: The 2014 SFS Bibliography is available.more
New publication describes dataset developed to assess aquatic condition and watershed integritymore