Educational Resource MaterialsFreshwater science educational materials are available for download and use in K-12 and University classrooms. Additional links to other online materials are provided.
SFS LabsSFS Labs are presentations (PDF format) that were given at the annual meeting in New Orleans during the teaching session on labs for general ecology classes.
- Algal succession, Dean DiNicola, Shippensburg University
- Soil respiration, Matt McTammany, Bucknell University
- Fish population estimation, Randy Fuller, Colgate University
- Leaf pack experiment, Jessica Hopkins, Idaho State University (supporting material)
Links to selected websitesSFS EDC has identified a number of websites with teaching and outreach resources.
Share Educational MateralsSFS welcomes the contribution of educational materials to make available to others online. View contribution guidelines...
- Making Waves Ep. 24: Quantitative and Computational Approaches to Explain Biodiversity, Dr. Jonathan Tonkin more
- Emily Bernhardt's President's Environment: Freshwater Science Family Reunion more
- June 2017 issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- What's happenin'? Find out the news In The Drift... more
- Read the Spring 2016 issue of in the drift! more
- Proposed Constitutional Revisions 2016 more
- Newsletter! Newsletter! in the drift more
SFS announces logo redesign competition. Submissions due 21 Aug. 2017.more
Please take a short survey on the SFS logo redesignmore
The SFS ad hoc committee on inclusivity is producing a short video to highlight why freshwater scientists value having a diverse and inclusive societymore
Upcoming deadlines for the Fourth Symposium on Urbanization and Stream Ecologymore
New BRIDGES cluster highlights rapid evidence synthesis in environmental causal assessmentsmore