Educational Resource MaterialsFreshwater science educational materials are available for download and use in K-12 and University classrooms. Additional links to other online materials are provided.
SFS LabsSFS Labs are presentations (PDF format) that were given at the annual meeting in New Orleans during the teaching session on labs for general ecology classes.
- Algal succession, Dean DiNicola, Shippensburg University
- Soil respiration, Matt McTammany, Bucknell University
- Fish population estimation, Randy Fuller, Colgate University
- Leaf pack experiment, Jessica Hopkins, Idaho State University (supporting material)
Links to selected websitesSFS EDC has identified a number of websites with teaching and outreach resources.
Share Educational MateralsSFS welcomes the contribution of educational materials to make available to others online. View contribution guidelines...
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Fall 2017 Issue of In the Drift now available! more
- September 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director
VOTING CLOSED - SFS LOGO CONTEST VOTE!
Over 60 logos were submitted by 28 individuals and narrowed to 3 finalists. Now is your chance to select the winner.more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule