September 2017, Volume 36, Issue 3
- Trophic ecology of alpine stream invertebrates
- Spatial patterns: microplastic and biofilms
- Using N to estimate protein in periphyton
- Climate-growth relationships of Corbicula fluminea
- Floodplain fish assemblages
S. H. Ensign, M. W. Doyle, J. R. Gardner. 2017. Perspectives: New strategies for measuring rates of environmental processes in rivers, lakes, and estuaries. Freshwater Science 36(3): 453-465.
About Freshwater Science
Freshwater Science (Print ISSN 2161-9549, Online ISSN 2161-9565) is published quarterly (March, June, September, and December) by the The Society for Freshwater Science and the University of Chicago Press, Journals Division, 1427 E. 60th Street, Chicago, Illinois 60637. The Society for Freshwater Science is a not-for-profit organization founded in 1953 and incorporated in the State of Illinois in 1967.
More information about Freshwater Science can be read at The University of Chicago Press Freshwater Science portal.
SFS Member Access
Freshwater Science (FWS), is available online for all SFS members and to institutional subscribers.
Please use the link below to access the Current Issue, Ahead of Print articles, or back issues including those published as the Journal of the North American Benthological Society (J-NABS) and Freshwater Invertebrate Biology (FIB) using your SFS website login.
Access Through Your Institution
If your institution has an electronic or electronic subscription to FWS,
you can access the journal directly without logging onto the SFS site. If your institution has a Print-Only subscription or is not listed,
visit http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/LRF/FWS to recommend Freshwater Science to your librarian.
Login InformationIf you have forgotten your login or password, please use the "Forgot your Login?" or "Forgot your Password?" links on the login page. Your login should be the email address that you used when renewing your membership (also the email address that you receive the SFS emails at) or your Member ID number.
If you have other issues gaining access to the Journal, please do not hesitate to contact SFS Member Services at email@example.com.
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Fall 2017 Issue of In the Drift now available! more
- September 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director
VOTING CLOSED - SFS LOGO CONTEST VOTE!
Over 60 logos were submitted by 28 individuals and narrowed to 3 finalists. Now is your chance to select the winner.more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule