Some of the Services may be subject to additional posted conditions.
Your use of those Services is subject to those conditions, which are incorporated into these Terms by reference. In the event of an inconsistency between these Terms and any additional posted conditions, the provisions of the additional conditions shall control.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to take any of the following actions in our sole discretion at any time and for any reason without giving you any prior notice:
- Restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of our Services;
- Change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of our Services;
- Refuse, move, or remove any material that you submit to our site for any reason;
- Refuse, move, or remove any content that is available on our site;
- Deactivate or delete your accounts and all related information and files in your account;
- Establish general practices and limits concerning use of our site.
You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for taking any of these actions.
Liability and Disclaimer
The North American Benthological Society provides this web site as a
service to its members, volunteers and to the public.
The North American Benthological Society is not responsible for, and
expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising
out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained
within the site. While the information contained within the site is
periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information
provided in this web site is correct, complete, reliable and
up-to-date, and its appearance on the site does not constitute an
endorsement by The North American Benthological Society.
Although the SFS web site may include links providing direct access
to other Internet resources, including web sites, the North American
Benthological Society has not participated in the development of
those other sites and do not exert any editorial or other control
over those sites. The North American Benthological Society is not
responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in
Links from this site to third-party sites do not constitute an
endorsement by the North American Benthological Society of the
parties or their products and services. The appearance on the web
site of advertisements and product or service information does not
constitute an endorsement by the North American Benthological Society
which has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product
information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
Although unlikely to occur, the North American Benthological Society
also expressly disclaims all liability for any violations, including
but not limited to security breaches or privacy violations, committed
by any firm which provides online or management services on behalf of
the North American Benthological Society . Users of the SFS web site
agree to hold the North American Benthological Society and The
Schneider Group, Inc. harmless for and from any liability for any
damages arising out of the use of the online or management services.
The opinions expressed by contributors to the SFS web site are
solely those of the individual contributors and do not reflect the
opinions of the North American Benthological Society or The
Schneider Group, Inc.
Reference herein to any specific commercial firm, commercial product,
process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or
otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement,
recommendation, or favoring by the North American Benthological Society.
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 26: Carbon Fates, Dr. Erin Hotchkiss more
- Fall 2017 Issue of In the Drift now available! more
- September 2017 Issue of Freshwater Science now online more
- Does Cultural Diversity Matter to Scientific Societies? Read the President's Environment more
- SFS Student Presentation Awards! more
- In the drift just fell into your sampler! The Spring 2015 Newsletter is here! more
- Making Waves Podcast Episode 14: Nitrogen Fixation in a Warming World, Dr. Jill Welter more
The deadline to submit proposals for AQUATROP Special Sessions or Symposiums is now November 17, 2017.more
SFS joins CASS in condemning silencing of EPA scientistsmore
Andy Leidolf appointed as SFS Executive Director
VOTING CLOSED - SFS LOGO CONTEST VOTE!
Over 60 logos were submitted by 28 individuals and narrowed to 3 finalists. Now is your chance to select the winner.more
SFS signs two letters sent to the US EPA regarding the Trump Administration's proposed revisions to the Waters of the US rule