Ph.D. Student Position, Department of Biology, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX
How to Submit an Ad
- SFS members, academic institutions, and non-profit organizations can freely post advertisements for position openings, meetings, publications, workshop and courses, or general interest messages.
- For-profit companies are allowed to post freely, but a $35 donation to one of the SFS endowments funds is suggested.
- Advertisements and messages should be emailed to the SFS Classifieds editor (firstname.lastname@example.org). If judged acceptable, they will be posted promptly (generally within 48 hours).
We are seeking undergraduates or college graduates interested in environmental research to understand ecosystem function in soils, streams, and lakes, and how arctic tundra will respond to climate change.
We are seeking a dynamic science leader of the U.S. Geological Survey’s Upper Midwest Environmental Sciences Center Aquatic Ecosystems Health Branch. The mission of UMESC is to conduct research to support managers in the Department of Interior and other Federal and State agencies managing land and water resources in the U.S., with emphasis in the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes. UMESC coordinates its research with other federal, state, academic, non-governmental and private research groups.
The Colorado Natural Heritage Program is seeking experienced field technicians to work on multiple stream and wetland projects across Colorado and Utah. For all projects, technicians will spend 4–8 days in a row in the field, often camping away from their base location.
We at NASA's Applied Remote Sensing Training Program (ARSET) wish to reach out and make you aware of an upcoming open, online training series on the access and application of satellite remote sensing for estimating surface water budgets.
The ARSET program offers satellite remote sensing training that builds the skills to integrate NASA Earth Science data into an agency’s and organization's decision-making activities. As all NASA data is open and free, so are ARSET trainings.
The Department of Biology at Lycoming College invites applications for a 2-year Postdoctoral Scholar position to work on a recently funded project in urban stream ecology. The successful candidate will be required to mentor undergraduate researchers to achieve project goals, support other Lycoming Clean Water Institute research initiatives, and develop at least one course to be taught in the Fall 2020 semester. Developing new projects aligned with the CWI’s broad research focus is also a possibility.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
The Arthur Temple College of Forestry and Agriculture at Stephen F. Austin State University has a T.L.L. Temple graduate assistantship for a doctoral student to begin in fall 2019.
Lacawac Sanctuary is a non-profit biological field station and environmental education center located in the Pocono region of Northeastern Pennsylvania. Lacawac is a site for field-based ecological and environmental science research and education. Since its founding in 1966, Lacawac has hosted research investigating the impacts of ultraviolet radiation on lake communities, aquatic dissolved organic carbon dynamics, the role of lakes as climate sentinels, and the impacts of deer browsing on forest regeneration.
Lacawac Sanctuary is a non-profit biological field station and environmental education center located in the Pocono region of Northeastern Pennsylvania. Lacawac is a site for field-based ecological and environmental science research and education. Lacawac is dedicated to training the next generation of environmental scientists by financially supporting field research experiences for undergraduate students.
* The 2019 Freshwater Algal Identification Field Course - applications are being accepted! *
* Dates: June 13 through June 27, 2019
We still have slots open for this summer! The deadline is May 1st for applications.
- Information and application are available at www.fordham.edu/FWalgaeID
- Collect a wide range of organisms, from diverse benthic communities to splendid cyanobacteria blooms!
- Sample pristine mountain streams and strongly human-influenced systems.