2023 Great Lakes Summer Fellows Program
The Cooperative Institute for Great Lakes Research (CIGLR) announces the 2023 Great Lakes Summer Fellows Program, in partnership with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Great Lakes Environmental Research Lab (GLERL). The Great Lakes Summer Fellows Program exposes students to a broad range of STEM disciplines by providing hands-on research training and career development mentoring in a supportive and inclusive environment. Through this program, we seek to support diversity in Great Lakes research by valuing the wide range of identities, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills that enrich scientific exploration and help connect science with society. We strongly encourage applications from students who identify with groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in STEM careers.
- We are offering eight (8) full-time, twelve-week positions.
- Options exist for fully remote, hybrid, or fully in-person fellowship experiences.
- In-person work will be conducted at the NOAA Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory (GLERL) in Ann Arbor, MI.
- Fellowships will begin on June 5 and end on August 25, 2023.
- Each student will receive a $10,000 stipend, paid in four monthly installments of $2,500.
The program is limited to currently-enrolled undergraduate (juniors and seniors as of Fall 2022) and graduate students (Master’s and Ph.D.). We will also consider post-baccalaureate or post-masters students who have graduated within the past 12 months of the fellowship (i.e., May 2022 or after), if the position fits directly within a student’s career or academic goals.
You must be either a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to be eligible for the program.
Immediate relatives of any CIGLR or NOAA GLERL employees are not eligible to participate in this program, consistent with NOAA guidelines.
Visit ciglr.seas.umich.edu/opportunities/student-fellowships/ for the complete program description & to access the online application.
Deadline: 3 February 2023 at 11:59 PM EST