EcoAnalysts, Inc. seeks to hire a talented Algae Taxonomist who enjoys algae taxonomy and who wants to be part of a successful team of aquatic scientists. In this position, the successful candidate will be required to process both Diatom and Soft Algae samples. Preference will be given to those who demonstrate experience and knowledge of both types and associated laboratory experience including diatom cleaning and slide preparation, soft algal sample handling/treatment and pigment analysis. Duties include identification of samples in a production environment and data summarization for reporting to clients in addition to related laboratory needs.
- The major responsibility of the Algae Taxonomist is the identification of algae samples; therefore, demonstrated experience with algae taxonomy is required.
- Knowledge of appropriate sample handling and preparation techniques is required.
- Proficient reading and writing skills and the ability to follow protocols. Experience using literature to make ID’s.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Experience with North American algae taxa from a variety of habitats.
- Accuracy and speed are imperative due to fixed project budgets.
- Excellent work ethic, ability to meet deadlines, willingness to go the “extra mile”, and ability to work well in small groups and independently.
- Minimum education requirement is a BS in a related scientific field, but preference will be given to higher education levels.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Preference will also be given to applicants with at least two years of identification experience in a production taxonomy setting.
Our mission, or our primary purpose, at EcoAnalysts is to help our clients make highly informed decisions.
EcoAnalysts, Inc. is an ecological consulting firm established in 1995 with the purpose of helping our clients make highly informed decisions around ecological conditions. Owned and operated by aquatic ecologists, EcoAnalysts brings high ecological expertise to our clients. We provide ecological field sampling, laboratory, and consulting services to a variety of Federal and state agencies, municipalities, tribes, consulting/engineering firms, and various industrial clients, such as power, mining, manufacturing, transport, etc. EcoAnalysts has conducted ecological work in every state and Canadian province. We are a small business by federal contracting standards ($16.5mm), we employ a range of 60-75 people, we have physical offices in Idaho, Missouri, and Washington state, with additional employees working from their homes in Connecticut, Florida, Indiana, New York, and Ohio.
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Employee SIMPLE retirement plan with immediate vesting and company match
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Starting Pay: Depends on Experience
Start Date: When filled
Please email cover letter, resume, and references to:
Megan Payne, firstname.lastname@example.org, 208-882-2588