Assistant Professor of Environmental Science
Department of Biological Sciences
Arkansas State University
The Department of Biological Sciences at Arkansas State University-Jonesboro is seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure-track position in environmental science at the Assistant Professor level, commencing in the Fall of 2019.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the teaching, research, and service of the department, which currently has approx. 500 undergraduate majors and 50 graduate students.
- Involvement with the Environmental Sciences graduate program (MS and PhD) is expected.
- Will develop an independent and externally funded research program that should include freshwater ecology (can include both freshwater and marine environments) and should include both basic and applied questions (e.g., pollution of waterways, impacts of climate change, and/or impacts of land-use changes).
- Existing undergraduate courses for which the candidate may participate include: Environmental Biology, Environmental Toxicology, and Ecology.
- Graduate courses may include: Ecosystem Management, Environmental Systems Analysis, and/or Aquatic Biology. Other courses may be developed in the candidate’s area of expertise and based on needs in the department.
- Faculty workload includes teaching, research, creative activity, service, and professional development in the best interest of the faculty, students, and community at large.
- All faculty members are expected to assume student academic advisement responsibilities in addition to their regular teaching loads.
Demonstrated research contributions in aquatic ecology, including applied ecology involving pollution of waterways, impacts of climate change, and/or impacts of land-use changes. Skilled teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels in areas of environmental biology, toxicology, ecology, and data analysis is also of interest.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
In addition to the successful candidate’s independent research program, several avenues for collaborative research at Arkansas State University are available with faculty in the department of Biological Sciences, the Arkansas Biosciences Institute, the Ecotoxicology Research Facility, and the Arkansas Center for Biodiversity Collections.
An earned Doctorate or equivalent terminal degree appropriate for the discipline and professional experience appropriate to the discipline is required.
Apply here: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ARKAS...
Please contact Dr. Tanja McKay, Search Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> with any questions.