Drexel University, College of Arts and Sciences
Associate Professor: Betz Endowed Chair, Department of Biodiversity, Earth, and Environmental Science (BEES)
Job Overview: The BEES Department invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Associate or Full Professor level. The Betz Chair is funded by the Betz Endowment at Drexel University. We seek an innovative scientist and an experienced leader to build a program at the interface of ecology, evolution and environmental biology. We invite applications from outstanding researchers whose work focuses on ecology, evolution, conservation, global change, climate change impacts and adaptation, or coupled human-natural systems.
- Leadership – The successful candidate will inspire cooperation and increase research productivity in an interdisciplinary department. Joint appointment at the Academy of Natural Sciences or other college and university units is possible.
- Teaching– Applicants must have demonstrated ability to teach and mentor undergraduate and graduate students.
- Research – A strong externally funded research program is expected to complement funding from the Betz Endowment.
- Service – Participation on relevant committees at the departmental, college, or university level is expected and service outside the university is encouraged.
- PhD or Doctorate in biology, environmental science, or related field.
- 5+ years of university-level teaching and research experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education.
- Must be legally able to work in the United States if offered the position.
- Prior experience in a tenure-track position at university level.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Track record of high-level scholarly research and productivity, including extramural funding and peer reviewed publication.
To see full position description and apply: https://careers.drexel.edu/en-us/job/500215/associate-professor-betz-end...