Job Opening: Biogeochemistry Laboratory Analyst (2 positions)
Cooperative Institute for Great Lakes Research | School for Environment and Sustainability | University of Michigan
The Cooperative Institute for Great Lakes Research (CIGLR) is seeking two (2) candidates to join our research team to work on harmful algal blooms, hypoxia, and invasive species in the Great Lakes. You will be responsible for performing laboratory analyses related to aquatic biogeochemistry in the Great Lakes and their watersheds.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or related field
- Upper-level coursework in analytical chemistry or related to surface water chemistry
- Professional or academic experience working in a laboratory with at least one year of experience performing analytical chemistry related to water quality or biogeochemistry
- Experience working independently on problem-solving and balancing demands of multiple projects
- Familiarity with data management and analysis using products such as Excel, R, MATLAB, Python, or similar platforms
- Two (2) or more years of professional or graduate experience working in a laboratory
- Demonstrated experience developing, adapting, or troubleshooting analytical methods for biogeochemistry or water quality
For more information and to apply: https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/227569/biogeochemistry-laboratory-analyst
The application deadline is 1/3/23.