Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking on-call Wetland Biologists in the northeastern United States. These positions are primarily to support our solar energy work across New York State and other locations in the northeast. Our successful candidate will have experience with wetland delineations and knowledge of the USACE Wetland Delineation Manual and Regional Supplements.
- Wetland delineations
- Plant and habitat surveys
- Floristic surveys
- Special status species surveys
- Data processing and review
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Wildlife or closely related discipline
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience including leading wetland delineations; Professional Wetland Scientist certification preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the USACE Wetland Delineation Manual and Regional Supplements
- Experience with plant and habitat surveys and /or vegetation characterizations; strong botanical skills preferred
- Experience with tablet-based field data collection and Trimble hand-held GPS units
- Ability to travel to project site(s), walk for several miles, work in extreme temperatures, rough terrain and work independently in remote areas
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel to support business needs
- A valid driver’s license
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop
technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.