EcoAnalysts, Inc. Moscow, Idaho
EcoAnalysts is currently searching for an individual who enjoys Chironomidae taxonomy and who wants to be part of a successful team of aquatic scientists. If you wish to use your knowledge and experience to help people make highly informed decisions regarding the condition and stewardship of our natural resources, then we encourage you to explore the information below and throughout our entire website at www.ecoanalysts.com.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants to process Chironomidae samples. Preference will be given to those who demonstrate experience and knowledge of identifying Chironomidae. Duties include identification of samples in a production environment and data summarization for reporting to clients in addition to related laboratory needs.
- The major responsibility of the Chironomidae Taxonomist is the identification of Chironomidae samples; therefore, demonstrated experience with Chironomidae taxonomy is required.
- Knowledge of appropriate sample handling and preparation techniques is required.
- Proficient reading and writing skills and the ability to follow protocols. Experience using literature to make ID’s.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Experience with North American Chironomidae taxa from a variety of habitats.
- Accuracy and speed are imperative due to fixed project budgets.
- Excellent work ethic, ability to meet deadlines, willingness to go the “extra mile”, and ability to work well in small groups and independently.
- Minimum education requirement is a BS in a related scientific field, but preference will be given to higher education levels. Preference will also be given to applicants with at least two years of identification experience in a production taxonomy setting.
Salary range and benefits are dependent upon experience, qualifications, and job performance. Benefits include flex time, vacation/sick time, a health insurance plan (medical, vision and dental) and an employer-matched investment fund.
Please send or email 1) letter of application, 2) complete resume, and 3) three professional references.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
MUST BE CURRENTLY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Anticipated start date : Mid-2021
1420 S. Blaine Street, Ste 14
Moscow, Idaho 83843