Position Title: Assistant or Associate Professor (Environmental and Aquatic Restoration and Sustainability Cluster Hire; multiple positions)
Summary: The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) and the Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies (Brooks) at Grand Valley State University are hiring at least five tenure track faculty with expertise related to Environmental Sciences, Aquatic Restoration, Environmental Studies, and Sustainability to start August 6, 2023.
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
CLAS invites a broad range of applications from all subdisciplines of Environmental Science and Aquatic Science and related fields.
- The Biology Department invites applicants with expertise in any area of Environmental Science or Aquatic Biology. Of particular interest are applicants that use data analytics and/or modeling to address environmental issues.
- The R. B. Annis Water Resources Institute (AWRI) and the Department of Chemistry invite applicants with expertise in Analytical Chemistry to lead the AWRI Environmental Chemistry lab. This supervisory responsibility comes with a reduced teaching load. Of particular interest are applicants with expertise in aquatic chemistry, toxicology, or green chemistry.
- The Geology Department invites applicants with expertise in areas related to Environmental and Earth Surface Materials and Systems. Of particular interest are applicants who can engage students in instrumental or modeling experiences.
- A fourth position is open to applicants from any field whose work applies to the cluster’s focus on Environmental Science and Aquatic Restoration and Sustainability.
For additional details and how to apply, please consult the CLAS cluster hire website at CLAS Cluster Hire in Environmental and Aquatic Restoration and Sustainability.
Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
In addition, Brooks is conducting a search for a tenure track teacher-scholar to support the Environmental and Sustainability Studies program and at least one of the other academic programs in the college. These areas include:
- Latin American and Latino/a Studies
- African/African-American Studies
- Digital Studies
- Integrative Studies
- Women, Gender, & Sexuality Studies
For additional details and how to apply, please consult the Brooks position website at Brooks College Faculty Search.
Salary/Benefits: The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The university offers an excellent comprehensive package that includes health/vision/dental plans, life insurance, retirement, sick/leave disability, tuition waiver, adoption resources, wellness coaching, and free access to campus fitness facilities. Family and childcare options on and off campus are also available. For a detailed description of benefits, please visit Benefits and Wellness - Grand Valley State University (gvsu.edu).
Campus/University: Grand Valley University (GVSU) is a public comprehensive institution located in West Michigan with campuses in Allendale, downtown Grand Rapids, and Holland, plus centers in Detroit, Muskegon and Traverse City. The University attracts more than 23,000 undergraduate and graduate students with high quality programs and state-of-the-art facilities and has been nationally recognized for innovativeness and its contribution to students’ social mobility. The greater Grand Rapids metropolitan area has a population of around one million people, is affordable, and offers rich cultural amenities. Grand Valley is located within easy driving distance of Chicago, Detroit, Lake Michigan beaches, and many other superb summer and winter recreational venues. Information can be found at Community Resources - Human Resources - Grand Valley State University (gvsu.edu). Grand Valley is highly rated for safety, sustainability, and veteran and LGBTQ friendliness, and is committed to supporting employees and their families in work-life balance. The university seeks to create an inclusive and diverse environment for faculty and students while promoting enrichment of society through excellent teaching, active scholarship, and service. More information can be found at Grand Valley State University (gvsu.edu).
Allendale, Michigan 49401 - (616) 331-5000
For more information about Grand Valley, see our website at www.gvsu.edu
Grand Valley State University is an EOE which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. See http://www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833- 7833 (out of State)