Montana Natural Heritage Program (MTNHP) of the University of Montana is seeking Seasonal Ecological Monitoring staff for rangeland and aquatic surveys during the summer of 2019. MTNHP is partnering with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) in 2019 to implement their terrestrial and aquatic Assessment, Inventory, and Monitoring (AIM) strategy, which is targeted at collecting standardized inventory and long-term vegetation data at multiple scales across BLM Districts in the Western U.S. Our work will be in Central and South-eastern Idaho (Idaho Falls/Salmon/Challis) and in North-central Montana.
Position Titles: (multiple positions available of each)
- Ecological Monitoring Field Technician 1 (Terrestrial) -Idaho and Montana
- Ecological Monitoring Field Technician 2 (Terrestrial) -Idaho and Montana
- Ecological Monitoring Field Technician 1 (Aquatic) -Idaho
- Ecological Monitoring Field Technician 2 (Aquatic) -Idaho
- Field Botany Technician (Riparian) -Idaho
- Ecological Monitoring Field Crew Lead -Montana
Job Length: Full Time, May 2019-September 2019
Compensation: $14-$18 per hour plus per diem for days in the field
Job Location: Central/ Southern Idaho and Central/Northern Montana. Based out of Missoula, MT and Helena, MT
Deadline: Application review begins December 1, 2018 and is ongoing until all of the positions are filled. Hiring is expected to be completed by February 1, 2018.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest, including your reasons for pursuing this opportunity and your preferred location;
- Curriculum vitae, including all degrees and related coursework
- Names of three (3) professional or academic references.
**For the full job announcement and specific qualifications for each position, please visit: http://mtnhp.org/about/employ/employ.asp