The Watershed Protection Branch of the Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD) is seeking a program assistant to support its Georgia Adopt-A-Stream, Rivers Alive and Project WET (Water Education for Teachers) programs. The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of watersheds and water quality issues. On-the-job training will be provided. This is an hourly position (29 hours per week) with no benefits. The position is expected to last six to nine months. Some travel required. Pay rate depends on education and experience. Deadline for applications is January 31, 2019.
· Teaching Opportunities — Assist with teaching workshops and lead environmental education activities at schools, civic groups, festivals, and conferences.
· Assist with Workshops/Conferences — Design, prepare, organize, load and unload workshop materials and equipment; assist with display set-up and Q&A at program functions, promote program materials and resources at festivals and conferences.
· Database and Website Support — Assist with program database maintenance and assist with website development, social media program promotion.
· Writing and Design — Provide programmatic support, design flyers, brochures, and educational materials, edit manuals, and create presentations.
· Administrative Support — Assist with equipment maintenance and procurement, copying and binding documents, sending and receiving mass mail-outs, form letters, etc.
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· Ability to interact with a diversity of people
· Computer skills like Word, Excel, Publisher, Access, GIS, Drupal, Adobe
· Ability to work well in a team environment, work long days and conduct field work
· Ability to drive large vehicles, pull a trailer, and lift heavy equipment (50 lbs.)
· Organization skills (keeping a running calendar and to-do lists are crucial)
Training and certification opportunities include: Adopt-A-Stream Chemical, Bacterial and Macroinvertebrate QA/QC and Trainer; Project WET Educator and Facilitator; Healthy Water, Healthy People Facilitator; and computer training in Microsoft Software, Adobe products and Drupal. Opportunities for career advancement exist within EPD and there are excellent environmental education and networking opportunities.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Harold Harbert at email@example.com.
Apply by January 31, 2019.