EnviroScience is currently seeking a full-time, mid-level Aquatic Biologist to support our growing natural resources division at the Stow Ohio and/ or our regional offices. This position includes macroinvertebrate identifications and surveys, stream assessments, and project management.
Responsibilities: Laboratory identification of macroinvertebrate samples to lowest practical level, generally genus/species. Experience identifying Oligochaeta to genus/species preferred. Conduct and manage field efforts for macroinvertebrate surveys.
- Minimum BS degree in the Biological Sciences, Environmental Science or related field.
- Capable of identifying freshwater benthic macroinvertebrates to genus/species
- SFS Certified Level 2, Group 3 for Eastern EPT, Eastern Chironomidae, and Level 2, Group 1 General Arthropods (or the ability to pass the test at the time of hire)
- Experience with technical report writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently.
Additional Beneficial Skills:
- Additional background in fisheries, endangered species, herpetology, amphibians, or marine macroinvertebrates a plus.
- Project and/or client management a plus.
This position will include travel and some tasks will require strenuous field work. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. Background check required.