NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
NV5 is seeking a full-time Senior Biologist (Aquatics Focus) for our Cary, NC office. The senior biologist will provide technical expertise and assistance associated with environmental services projects with primary focus on aquatics related projects. The individual should have field experience and the necessary skills to capture, handle and identify eastern United States aquatic species.
- Coordinate and conduct habitat assessments and surveys for mussels, fish, amphibians, and other aquatic species.
- Lead and/or supervise field investigations and data interpretation.
- Assist in training junior staff.
- Complete documentation and technical reports including preparation of Biological Assessments.
- Responsible for assisting and/or leading other natural resource related projects including wetland delineations, stream determinations, permitting and other types of protected species surveys.
- Communicate between staff, managers, agency personnel and clients.
- Complete project tasks within deadlines and budgets.
Prerequisites for employment
- BS degree in biology, botany, ecology, wildlife or other related curriculum
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with natural resource related projects
- Minimum of 5 seasons of experience surveying, handling, and identifying aquatic species
- Current NCWRC permit for aquatic species
- Current federal recovery permit for aquatic species or have been a sub-permittee for the past two years -preferred
- Experience and positive relationships with regulatory agencies
- Willingness to assist other environmental services staff with varying project work including bat-related projects (mist netting, acoustics, structure checks), aquatic (fish, mussel, etc) surveys, mitigation site management, and formal ESA Section 7 consultations
- Excellent writing skills and ability to interpret and present field data in survey reports
- Proficient computer skills (proficient with Microsoft Suite), and knowledge of Trimble GPS and GIS
- Familiarity with the ESA section 7 consultation process-preferred
- Ability to identify southeastern vegetation-preferred
- Experience with transportation-related projects, particularly NCDOT projects -preferred
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license prior to employment
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
View the posting and apply here: https://careers-nv5.icims.com/jobs/4433/job?mobile=false&width=1010&heig...
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.