Society for Freshwater Science Playing Card Deck Contest
This project will celebrate photographers in the SFS community, and selected photos will be used to create a deck of 54 playing cards to be sold as a fundraiser for student travel awards.
Submissions will be accepted from now until December 31, 2019. Decks of playing cards with the winning images will be sold at the June 2019 SFS-ASLO Joint Meeting in Madison, WI and potentially through other channels to increase the funds available for student travel awards.
- Only three (3) photos per participant can be submitted
- A title or caption must accompany each photograph. Please be descriptive about organisms, environments, and behaviors.
- If deemed appropriate, submissions will be automatically included in the SFS image library, and freely distributed through SFS web site for educational non-profit purposes.
- Submission of your photograph(s) indicates that you agree to the above terms (Item 3) and the following terms: You are giving SFS a non-exclusive right to use and distribute your image(s) on the web, and everyone the right to use your image(s) for educational non-profit purposes.
- Submissions, with captions, are to be emailed to Steve Rier (firstname.lastname@example.org) before midnight, December 31, 2019.
- The photographer of each image selected for inclusion in the card deck will be notified by February, 2019.
Submitted digital photographs must:
- Show a freshwater organism
- Be in .jpg format
- Be in “portrait” orientation
- Be in the highest resolution that you have in order to minimize blurring when reproduced
- Be in sRGB color format, if possible