What You’ll Get to Do:
Are you looking for a chance to build your career with a company who is Leading with Science? Are you interested in working with a group of talented women and men who drive innovation and celebrate the global community? We are currently seeking an experienced Scientist specializing in aquatic ecology, landscape ecology, or a related discipline to support the Ecological Sciences group in our Research Triangle Park, NC office.
We are in search of a new team member to join our family of engineers and scientists with a strong quantitative skillset to support municipal, state, federal and private projects throughout the United States. This is an engaging and high impact professional position where you will work to provide technical support for our clients in evidence-based decision-making.
In this position you will help design and implement empirical statistical analysis solutions, design, manage and conduct literature reviews of and synthesize advanced scientific information, design, manage and construct GIS and environmental databases, and effectively communicate results in oral and written form including for peer-reviewed publication. You must be able to perform work which requires analysis and original thinking and must have a proven record of presenting work to scientific, management and non-technical audiences.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Review and synthesize scientific literature from environmental science areas including: landscape ecology, aquatic ecology, climate change/sea level rise, environmental stressors, or environmental indicator development.
- Develop and apply statistical analytical tools to environmental monitoring and assessment program data
- Conduct statistical analyses using R and/or equivalent software using a variety of novel statistical techniques including but not limited to: geostatistics, traditional univariate and multivariate analysis, linear and hierarchical models, machine learning methods, and Bayesian statistics
- Develop and apply GIS to environmental data and conduct spatial analyses
- Design and implement geospatial analyses related to ecological endpoints using software or applications including: ArcGIS, python, GRASS, QGIS, FragStats, FlamMap, FUSION, RULE, MARXAN
- Develop original analytical syntheses for technical report and scientific publication
- Communicate scientific results to technical and non-technical audiences in spoken and written form
- Develop manuscripts for publication in scientific journals including tables, figures, and technical text
- Help design and oversee development of web-based products including web applications
- Manage projects and technical staff
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in an ecological/environmental discipline and a minimum 6 years of relevant work experience or PhD
- Certificate in Geospatial Analysis or evidence of teaching/instruction in GIS and/or geospatial analysis
- Experience with the application of advanced data analysis, interpretation and presentation is required
- Proficiency with ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, Python, R statistical software, and MS Office Suite
- Strong data interpretation and technical writing skills required including primary authorship of original research in peer reviewed journals
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation of research to scientific peers
- Experience managing independent research and personnel required
- Flexibility and ability to collaborate as well as work independently
What We Can Offer You:
- Excellence and Achievement awards for our highest performers
- Flexibility that allows our employees to balance quality work and their personal lives
- Competitive salary, benefits and learning/development opportunities
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies