Monday, March 19, 2018
- Congresso AQUATROP will take place July 23-26, 2018 in Quito, Ecuador. All key dates are listed here - http://riostropicales2018.org/key-dates/?lang=en (English) / http://riostropicales2018.org/key-dates (Spanish)
- SFS members can register at a discounted rate up to April 15, 2018 - http://riostropicales2018.org/registration/?lang=en (English) / http://riostropicales2018.org/registro-evento/ (Spanish)
- Several pre-meeting courses will be available (in Spanish), including the taxonomy of Odanata, Trichoptera, and Chironomidae larvae, biomonitoring, and more - http://riostropicales2018.org/pre-congress-courses/?lang=en (English) / http://riostropicales2018.org/cursos-pre-congreso/ (Spanish). Registration deadline - May 15, 2018. Courses will run July 21-22.
- Several funding opportunities to attend the meeting are also available - http://riostropicales2018.org/?lang=en (English) / http://riostropicales2018.org/ (Spanish)
- Nine plenary speakers are announced and include Dr. Heather Tallis of the Nature Conservancy (USA), Dr. Mariana Meerhoff of the Centro Universitario de la Región Este of the Universidad de la República (Uruguay), and Dr. Narcis Prat of the Departamento de Biologia Evolutiva, Ecología y Ciencias Ambientales at the Universidad de Barcelona (Spain). See the entire list of speakers - http://riostropicales2018.org/program/plenary-sessions/?lang=en (English) / http://riostropicales2018.org/program/plenary-sessions/ (Spanish)