After a long wait and much anticipation, we are happy to welcome you to the new SFS website. We hope that the new design reflects the vibrant community of SFS that is so important to so many of us. The portions of the old website that members relied on are still here. However, the new layout and the search tool should make finding pages easier. Please explore the site and contact us if you find errors, omissions, or have suggestions for improvements.
- Career Award Nominations (Hynes, Service, Excellence, and Stewardship)
- Endowment Awards
- Graduate Student Conservation Research Award
- Instars Program
- Instars Mentoring Progam
- Membership Renewal/New Member Application
- Annual Meeting
- The SFS logo!
- Classified ads can be filtered by category
- New Early Career and Diversity & Inclusivity pages
- SFS awards and programs (e.g., Instars) now have their own tab on the main menu, making them easier to access
- Stay Fresh!, the SRC's excellent weekly roundup of early view articles, is now available on the website
- SFS news and events can be filtered by categories
- The SFS photo libraries are being migrated to Flickr.
- The SFS Flickr account also has public groups where members can share their photographs of taxa, annual meetings, scenic freshwaters, and fieldwork. Share your photos and they could be featured of the website. We would like to use member photos as banner images throughout the website.
A work in progress
We are working to further improve the website experience. Some of these improvements will be minor while others will require deeper technical development with the help of USU. We ask for your patience as we resolve these issues.
- News items and events are not clearly distinguished on the News & Events page. We plan to better distinguish between news and events by changing the calendar badge colors. News and events can also be viewed separately on their respective pages.
- News and events are ordered by when they were added to the website rather than their calendar date. We are working on solutions to order them by their calendar date.
- Some content is still being transferred (e.g., previous episodes of Making Waves)
- Taxa photo libraries from old website are still being transferred to Flickr
- Adding member-contributed photos as banner images throughout the website
- Because of impending deadlines for award nominations and applications, links to application forms re-route to an archived version of the website (reskinned to look like the new website). Once the application season passes, we will integrate all forms into the new website.
- For the foreseeable future, we are unable to merge the SFS website login (used to access Freshwater Science and members-only documents) with the meeting registration/member management login (also used for now to access the membership directory). We are working on strategies to minimize confusion related to the two logins.
Again, we welcome you to the website and hope that it will serve the Society well.
Website Re-design Ad Hoc Committee
Ryan Hill - Web Editor
Patina Mendez - Former Web Editor
Chuck Hawkins - Publications Committee (former chair)
Ayesha Burdett - Public Information and Publicity (co-chair)
Becky Bixby - Public Information and Publicity (former co-chair)